Friday, March 18, 2016

Mykonos Island, Greece

Mykonos Island is a small group of islands located in the Aegean Sea. It is known for the pure white marble buildings and streets. When traveling to Mykonos, there are three different types of beaches located on the island to visit. Ornos and Psarou are the beaches to go to for water sports and activities,  Agrai is known as the quiet and relaxing beach, and lastly Paradise and Super Paradise beach are the night life, partying and even nude beaches! Fun fact about Mykonos is that cars are not permitted. Shuttles and taxi's are permitted but most traveling and exploring is done on foot. When considering traveling, remember that Greece provides a much different cuisine than beaches here in the United States. Their meals consist of a lot of olives, grapes, wines and an abundance of fresh fruit! With an abundance of beach houses, lodges, and hotel/resorts available, Mykonos Island is a great get away with plenty of beauty in the city itself!!

http://www.travelchannel.com/interests/beaches/articles/mykonos-island-greece



3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful location. The water is so clear and the white marble buildings are incredible. I love traveling and especially to beaches. I love the idea of your blog. Greece would be a great place to visit, for the beaches, scenery and of course delicious foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On cold days like today, I love to scan through all of your pictures. If I didn't love food so much, I would definitely have done a blog about being on a beach. I share the same passion for the water, sun, and sand. Greece has been somewhere I have on my bucket list to travel. Great post, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place looks awesome! My dream is to visit Greece. I will make it there one day. Great post!

    ReplyDelete